Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Easiest Clothespin Bag

I have had this item on my to-do list for awhile. I don't know why I procrastinated for so long! This little clothespin bag took me about 10 minutes to make.

I used an old wooden hanger and some scraps of oil cloth. I think the oil cloth might not fade as quickly as other woven fabrics do. The width of the bag is determined by your hanger (plus seam allowances). Cut out the square bag, following the line of the top of the hanger for the top of your bag. Of course you need a front and back. I then slashed the front about 2/3 of the way down and quickly finished the raw edge with some seam binding and a wide zig-zag stitch. Stitch all sides together, using a 1/4" seam. Clip corners and turn right side out. I use an old wooden knitting needle to gently nudge the corners out. Insert your hanger and PRESTO!

It's so nice to be line drying again . . . . I love SUMMER!

4 comments:

Trudy Callan said...

Very cool.

www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

Susie said...

I soooo love your clothesline. Haven't talked hubby into putting one up yet but I'm going to try again. Then I'll make a clothespin bag, too. :)

Becky said...

I just put up a clothesline for my newly gifted old aprons and linens. Trying to hang them out side and let the sun bleach away the years of yucky stains form not being used.

Then I remembered this post! Thanks for such a simple recipe for a clothespin hanger!

Kitty Boo Boo said...

there's nothing quite like the smell of the sun on your linen is there! I love summer too!